USIBC had at the beginning of the year announced its global board of directors.
With an aim to engage on important issues and policy opportunities in India, the US-India Business Council (USIBC) on Monday launched its India Advisory Council – a group consisting of prominent Indian and Asia-Pacific-based leaders.
USIBC is one of the pioneering business advocacy organization that works in US-India corridor. According to the organization’s press release, the India Advisory Council will have former Assistant Secretary of the US Department of Commerce and Chairman and CEO of KPMG India Arun Kumar as the Chair.
USIBC had at the beginning of the year announced its global board of directors comprising of executives dedicated to advancing the US-India strategic and economic partnership.
“As a longtime supporter of USIBC, I have witnessed the Council’s role in serving as an important voice of industry to forge stronger, more secure U.S.-India commercial relations that benefit both countries,” Kumar said. “It is an honor to lead USIBC’s India Advisory Council at this important time of growth and advance the ties between the two nations to the next level of collaboration.”
“The U.S.-India Business Council is pursuing a robust agenda across all frontiers of U.S.-India bilateral commercial engagement,” said USIBC President Nisha Biswal. “There are many exciting and growing areas for our two countries to explore cooperation- including energy, privacy, health care, innovation and entrepreneurship, among others. We look forward to the leadership of the India Advisory Council as we deepen ties between our dynamic economies.”
The members of the 2018 India Advisory Council are:
· Arun Kumar , Chairman and CEO, KPMG, India
· Pramath Raj Sinha, Founder and Managing Director, 9.9 Media
· Rekha Menon, Chairman and Senior Managing Director, Accenture
· Manoj Adlakha, Senior Vice President, India Business & CEO India, American Express Banking Corporation
· Prabal Chakraborty, Vice President and Managing Director, India, Boston Scientific
· Udayant “Toby” Malhoutra, Managing Director and CEO, Dynamatic Technologies Limited
· Vishesh Chandiok, National Managing Partner, Grant Thornton
· Karan Bajwa, Managing Director, IBM
· Nivruti Rai, Country Head, India, Intel
· Nishith Desai, Founder and Managing Partner, Nishith Desai and Associates
· T. R. Ramachandran, Group Country Manager, India & South Asia, Visa
· Anupam Pahuja, Managing Director & CEO, Paypal Payments Pvt Ltd
· Krish Iyer, President and CEO, Walmart India
Formed in 1975 with the backing of US administration and the Indian government, the USIBC represents 350 top-tier US and Indian companies, thus advancing commercial ties between the two countries.
Based in Washington, D.C., USIBC is the largest bilateral trade association in the US, with a global presence in New York, San Francisco, New Delhi and Mumbai.